Monday, May 08, 2006

Sadness...

I got to work early today, by my standards anyway! -was the first one to open the door to the project room!

I set myself up, switched on my laptop and got ready to work when a colleague walked into the room to let us know that my team leader's father had just passed away and won't be at work today. He will be arranging his travel plans back to his home town which is a continent away from Japan. His father died of a heart attack and it was not from a prolonged sickness of anykind! I felt really sorry and sad for him.... for the lost of a loved one is never easy and to make matters worse, it's on the other side of the continent. The travel time will take him almost 2 days to get back home. Just the thought of spending all these hours on the plane to get back home, the waiting time, the sadness, loneliness...and the emptiness.

It took me a couple of seconds for the shock to sink in... my father's passing - 5 years ago still haunts me badly. I missed his presence, his good heartedness and kindness, his generosity, his wise words and guidance. I'm still in mourning even all these years..... it was never easy to loose someone you trully treasure until that person leaves this world.

I should live as if there is no tomorrow but I have taken things for granted....for me today it was a wake up call to see life differently again and I hope I will make better decisions and stop bitching about life too much. Gay or straight, one has to make the best use of one life in this very little time on planet earth.

7 Comments:

At 2:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...deep post! I think sometimes, we get comfortable in our situations and that leads to taking things for granted. You are right, we have to make the best us of our lives on this planet.

 
At 11:00 AM , Blogger Rick Bettencourt said...

You and I both lost our Dads around the same time...I know it's hard. I think it's great that you can be there, at least spiritualy, for your team leader. You're a good egg.

 
At 1:49 AM , Blogger ash said...

hmmm.. i try my best to appreciate everyone around me everyday, though most of the days i just live them by. sigh. i hope you're not too bogged down. *hugs* for the life we live and those well lived. =)

 
At 7:17 AM , Blogger Mr RM said...

HUGS

it is a very hard time, but everything comes with a deep contemplation of life......

HUGS again

 
At 9:13 PM , Blogger savante said...

Good idea, ian. Learn to carry that message through your life :)

Paul

 
At 10:36 PM , Blogger Maximus Leo said...

hi guys thanks for the comments. I have to action what I preached.

Ash, the Searcher - thanks for dropping by and leaving me some positive comments. Cheers...

 
At 2:11 PM , Blogger Wild Reeds said...

My condolences on the passing away of your father. It may have been 5 years ago but one's feelings do not change. Mature Maximus!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home