Monday, May 01, 2006

MBA fishing....

Lately, I have been thinking about my career and the changes going through our Corporate Office! More jobs are being slashed and the good ones that are around are limited and they are probably going to go to people aligned with the new regime. Sigh... I probably won't stand a chance but just tired with the politicking going on!

So, as usual, my mind is playing havoc again! I'm comtemplating about doing an MBA degree....getting a bit lost with my career and life. Taking some time out should get my head cleared! That's the hope though!

If money was not an issue, I'll be off to UCT - University of Cape Town, South Africa next year doing a Masters in Marketing/International Business. Rent my apartment out for a year and settle what ever financial commitments I have now.

Why Cape Town? Because I can't afford an Ivy League school in the US or better still - London Business School, so rather than going to the US and the UK with other schools and come back home broken, I thought it would be beneficial to go somewhere different and out of my comfort zone. Learn a new culture and make new friends from another continent and to top it up Cape Town is beautiful with its Table Mountain. South Africa has a thriving wine industry as well and the standard living is still affordable compared say to the UK! ....and a little bird once told me that the SA men are hunks! (must be all the rugby games they play and the hunting in the wild).... just another wishful thinking! However I must stop procastinating and start plotting.

4 Comments:

At 5:55 PM , Blogger Rick Bettencourt said...

Might be just the thing you need. You could start fresh in a new land and be out (hint...hint)!

 
At 9:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't have good experience in Cape Town or South Africa or whatever... I was assigned to the flight to South Africa once and I was useless because I was having problems to understand what they were saying. It was tuffy..

MBA. How corporate thingy it is. :-) It would be really great if you could take a year off or so but studying is harder for me. :-) My head hurts. :-) You have good Golden Week

 
At 11:26 PM , Blogger Maximus Leo said...

Rick - that's probably where I'm coming from as well. but just need to get out of my current environment and see life from the other side! thanks

Shigeki - I know but I'm the corporate slave.....cest la vie! That's the path I have chosen and just need to improve one's market value and earn more! unless I find a rich husband!

 
At 11:50 PM , Blogger Wild Reeds said...

Hey Maximus that's so cool. I just turned thirty and went through the contemplation process myself. I'm starting my MBA is Bombay this summer! I think you should do one too. All the best!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home