Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Black Gold

I'm just so sick and irritated with all the news about the spike in oil prices, the Hitler like Iranian President and now the Bolivian president nationalising their oil industry. When the situation favours them, they take the whole world for granted and put us at their mercy. Isn't it about time that we as consumers do something intelligent about this?

Why can't we boycott the use of oil for a week - instead of driving to work, walk or take the public transport? and see who is king......force the prices down! Just imagine all the poor folks in other countries who needs them for a basic requirement!

Go easy on the usage of electricity at home and at work?

Instead of driving a SUV, drive a 1.3 L car?

Use less plastic..... recycle and reuse?

I'm sure if every consumer take advice and work with their best intentions, I'm sure with people power-we should be able to get these guys to notice that we are serious about this!

6 Comments:

At 11:49 PM , Blogger Wild Reeds said...

Dear Maximus,
You are right. This whole oil industry cartel has gone too far. Have you seen the film Syriana?
I think slowly and surely the world is going to learn to conserve oil, but unfortunately, the BRIC (Brazil Russia India China) development is going to be so intense that overall consumption will increase. Russia's Gazprom has found huge reserves - bigger than anything ever seen. Hopefully that should bring down prices.

 
At 6:38 PM , Blogger Rick Bettencourt said...

Maybe I shouldn't buy that Hummer after all. (Kidding) We definitely need to conserve and more importantly find alternative forms of energy.

 
At 12:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a confession to make. When I fill my gas at the gas station, I feel so turned on because of the smell. It's like sniffing superglue. YOu know it's wrong but you can't stop doing it. :-) I am definitely going to miss that if there will be no oil at all on this planet. FYI, I drive a prius so I am on the easier side?

 
At 4:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello - just dropped by from reeds' blog. read ure 8-point-tag and i remembered ive been tagged with that too - just havent got around to writing it. hehehe...

 
At 8:17 PM , Blogger Zuraffo said...

Err... did you mean Hitler like american government?

 
At 1:11 AM , Blogger Maximus Leo said...

WildReeds - Yes, I have watched Syriana! And the amout of politics that goes behind the scene just made me a bit sick! Realised that this is what may happen in the Middle East right now! We need alternate energy resource to ensure the survival of our human race into the next century!

Rick - totally agree! I may buy myself a scooter - preferably a vespa!

Shigeki - you have just provided me with a whole different picture of smelling oil. Next time when I'm at a gas station and I smell oil, I will think of you! :-)

Closetalk - thanks for dropping by! Will drop by at your blog this weekend! Have been really busy at work! Should be in bed right now....

Zuraffo - hmmm....maybe not! But going point! Thanks for dropping by.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home