Saturday, August 25, 2007

On Moving In

It is finally done! August 20th was the day that both our homes were merged. His stuff is now at my home. Our home! :-)

My significant other half has finally moved in and we no longer need to shuffle between the two homes! The last 3 months were pretty frentic trying to manage our schedules and our living arrangement.

When I looked back how life has treated me over the last couple of months, I am trully amazed that I am now in a very serious relationship - the rings, the commitment and the love. At one point in time, I was prepared to be single all of my life. Living a life in a closet, living a very emotionaless life. Now I am out and in a relationship. I am happy I made that decision to leave the closet. No more skeletons in the closet.

I use to have an issue with space, my space and now this physical space does not exist anymore for me. His stuff is all over my place and the last few days I had to really allow this feeling of intrusion to sink in. I had to allow my senses to accept that I am now in a realationship and have him in my life and therefore accept him into my personal space. This is REAL. So for now, I call my apartment creative chaos. It is no longer feeling ZEN :=)

Now with the move completed, our real life begins.

The day to day stuff, the quirks, the space issue, the work-he flies frequently, I am home bound, his mess, my mess. Suddenly it has hit the both of us that this is for real and we have to make sure that we work things out. There are no back doors for us.

But you know what the best feeling of this whole move? I or rather we no longer have to worry about buying things enough for two in the household anymore.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:36 PM , Blogger Lifebook said...

Congratulation!! All the best! It is always a learning curve; and soon you will get used to it. :)

 
At 9:52 PM , Blogger Rick Bettencourt said...

Wow...my mind's a blur! So much has happened for you over the last few months. Congratulations. Now the settling in and transition begins.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home