Monday, January 22, 2007

Another milestone....

Ok granted that today I have just reached my 200th blog and I was suppose to write this with a gusto. I wanted to post more pictures...BUT I have been really slack for the last couple of days! That doesn't mean that I am motivated today but I thought I will write something short to cross that 2nd milestone!!

It has been another busy week - my apartment is in a semi mess (if a word exists to describe my swanky apartment that is not quite zen due to my newspapers and bills lying all over the living room), the floors have not been vacuumed and I could feel dusts appearing on my marble floor!! I was going to wait until I reach this stage - just to see how long I can live without help from a part time helper! Not doing a great job I must say!! I guess I need to look for that number again!!

Work is just crazy again with demands of deadlines and reporting requirements...again what is new in this part of my life?! :-) So I managed to get my reports out in time before the weekend. I had a friend over from London who visited Singapore last weekend. It was great to meet up someone familiar again. I realised how much I have not lived for the last 3 years!! It was great having him around. He made me live again!! And I have been SO SLACK that I have not even ventured out of the CBD until yesterday. We went for a run next to a reservoir - got bloody wet and had mud all over my precious running shoes! Got my running attire cleaned last night and now the shoes are in the washing machine!!

Boy I am in pain now (and I thought I was fit!!)... walking like an invalid 34 year old guy!

2 Comments:

At 1:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 200th.

Well, you are going to need a hot house keeper who can clean your apartment... who only wears an apron. :-)

I hope you survive another week. DOn't work too hard!

 
At 1:32 AM , Blogger Bruce said...

ML,

I'm new to your blog, so please forgive me if I go over some territory you've already covered. If you click on my profile, you'll see that I'm somewhat older than you, out to family, friends, and colleagues, and in a decade long monogamous, happy gay relationship. I've read your recent posts on (not) coming out and found them well reasoned and thoughtful, and no, I'm not going to urge you to take immediate steps to come out.

ML, coming out worked for me because I was in a position of power in my profession, finacially and, to a large extent, emotionally independent of my family, and enough in love with a man that I was willing to take the social risks of living together with him. I was in a position where I couldn't give a damn what people thought about two mature, finacially independent men living together.

As I understand it, you are in a very different position. It is silly to worry about taking such great social and emotional risks unless you have some real reason to do so. Just because other gay men tell you that the freedom of being out is worth the risk (It undoubtedly is, for some) does not mean that it is so for you.

If I were in your position, I would go easy. I certainly would not let fear of discovery hamper my chances of finding and falling in love with the right guy. Once that happens, taking the risks of coming out may be worth it. At least you'll have someone by your side to help fend off the blows.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home