Sunday, December 31, 2006

Sticking to New Year's Resolutions

This is the time year again. Tomorrow is new year's eve and there is no other time of the year when the atmosphere is so conducive to chill and reflect about the things that we have done and didn't do. During the last few days of the year, we usually stop thinking about work, the mood is far more relax and we have more time to ourselves albeit a smaller window opportunity. After 2 days into the new year and if the resolutions have not been made, it is unlikely that it will make it to the list! So after going through my archives, I managed to find the New Year's resolution list. To remind myself, this is what I had written down. Okay - let's go through the list and see where I am with my 2006 New Year's resolution. Could be a bit disappointing.!!

1. To find love
Love hasn't found me yet nor I have seek to find love because as long I'm in the closet, I won't be able to find love. I think I may have given up love after some previous relationships/crushes failures. Somehow after these failures, I have managed to put this wall up and I am finding it hard to bring it down...... I am afraid of getting hurt and if you know me well, I usually fall for the straight type guys which is a no go in the first place. So why be more disappointed?

2. Be able to communicate in basic Japanese
Well I am not entirely sure if I can communicate basic Japanese but I have managed to provide directions to the Japanese taxi drivers to bring me home to my apartment in a very drunk stage and I have also ordered food in basic Japanese that also includes general greetings? So is this basic? Yes - I guess so.

3. To travel in Japan covering these places - especially these places: Sapporo, Kyoto, Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Okinawa
I did not quite get to Sappora, Nagasaki or Okinawa but did cover Hiroshima and Kyoto and amongst other tourist spots around Tokyo... I guess I did not achive this resolution.

4. Cooked more at home! (I need to achieve a body fat of 10%)
Definitely achieved this as I am finding myself cooking more at home although I have not achieved a body fat of 10%. Having said so, some long lost friends have commented that I am slimmer!! :-) So I guess this is a tick for me as well.

5. I need to stop procrastinating!
Still am but definitely not as bad as last year. Will have to bring this to 2007.

6. Be in bed by 11:30 pm!
Ha - definitely not achievable!! Getting into bed only after 12 pm. No wonder I am getting wrinkles on my face....it is a combination of old age, stress and not enough sleep..... No wonder I can't be picked up by others!!

7. To run the Singapore Half Marathon in under 2 hours.
Missed out on Marathon. So not applicable due to work commitments. Bloody good excuse I must say.

8. Save more!!
Oh yeah baby - show me the money! This is a tick for me as I have saved more than what I initially set out with.

If I take stock of what I achieved and didn't achieved, I think I should give myself a pat on the back. It's a hit rate of approximately 50%. Not bad...but it could have been better!

I am going to think about next year's resolution so will be posting something then.

1 Comments:

At 8:00 AM , Blogger athens_guy said...

Well done then! So all you need is to focus more on 1 and bring it to 2007 as well. And forget 6... Happy New Year and I hope you'll make true your new wishes in 2007!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home