Thursday, September 07, 2006

What issues if any?

You know sometimes, when pressure over work builds up, people do irrational stuff like quitting and saying things to their bosses that they will eventually regret in the future!

I am probably at that stage now! If I could cry I would but I'm not a little boy anymore. If I could shout I will! I want to yell out and say fuck it - I had enough and am walking away from the career and money! Enough of the politics, enough of the us and we concept, enough of micro managing people and bosses as well, enough of the lack of urgency and positive attitude of others in the team! Enough is enough! Fuck the whole thing!!!

But late last night, I saw a Foreign movie with Japanese subtitles - didn't understand the movie but managed to pick up the body language in the movie enough to appreciate the moral of the story. Never give up on matters that are passionate to you. Believe in the right thing and no matter what hurdles one face, you simply have to push on to achieve your final goal. This movie was about a young teacher from a very poor village who went into a big city to seek one of her young student who was sold to slavery. He managed to escape but did not know how to return to the village and started a life as a vagrant. She decided to visit a local TV station to seek help through the media/news. It was a challenge to get into the building and she practically sat outside the station to seek an appointment with the Head. It was her sheer perservarance and determination altough she was considered a country pumpkin, that got her an audience with the producer. To cut the story short, he managed to return home with the teacher. Very touching ending!! No wonder I had another sluggish morning because I only managed 5 hours of sleep. I'm trully sleep deprived this week.

What I want to say is that after watching the movie, my work issues above are really nothing compared to the movie. I should stop complaining and just move on. Enjoy the ride and appreciate the life around me and the choice is mine if I think I had enough of this kind of shit. I have the power to decide and to choose which path. So with this responsibility I have to make sure I use this power wisely!

2 Comments:

At 12:16 AM , Blogger makemeinthemood said...

The movie is called NOT ONE LESS by Chinese director Zhang Yi Mou (his best, imho). Made ME cry.

:-)

 
At 1:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's a good move, dude. I am glad you took the different perspective. I gave up on the idea that my job should be fantabulous so I just do it to live happily. Good movies, good cries (You should do that even if you are not a boy), and good fucks are way to go. :-) Have a fantabulous weekend!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home