Wednesday, August 23, 2006

A tribute to Voyuernation

Something poignant and somber - writing your own obituary. I read this in voyeurnation Very touching and sad but at the end still positive about the journey of life and based on his strengths and outlook of life, we should appreciate what we have around us and make an effort to give the necessary love to others, be considerate to people around you and lastly be thankful of what you have.

I have basically refered to his last few messages and have decided to store here in my blog as well to remind me of how our life can be fragile....

One of Marc's Final Blog Entries:

So, this week - I had to accept the news that my health is not good. In fact, it's piss-poor. I need to be thankful for the years given me. I truly defied the odds. But like any gambling game - sooner or later; one's luck run's out.

The irony is that the very day I found out about my health situation - was the same day I found out that my book was going to be published (it will most likely be posthumously, though).

I've never learned how to say goodbye to living people. I know how to let go of dead people - but when they're still alive; I've always believed in not ending it. I've always just left it open-ended; and sometimes those people have returned in my life.

That's how I'm approaching blogland. I can't say goodbye because I don't want to. I'm not ready to give up something; which has brought me so much joy.

But realistically, my life's focus is bonding with those in my life; outside cyber.

But thank you for listening to my stories and befriending me. My blogbuds have been my lifeline......through many years of sickness. You guys may've not realized that; but you were - and you still are. It's just that I need to start letting go.

Thanks for your emails, comments, prayers, and friendship.

Lastly....I realize I've teetered back and forth between a supposed blog break.....and then blogging.....several times.....over now......I'm sorry for the roller coaster ride......It's just a demonstration of how completely overwhelmed and frightened I am.

Sometimes......I utilize writing when I'm feeling this way......and that's what the world has witnessed......over the past few weeks.

This is no longer a positive outlet for me.....Going through the journey of death.....is a personal exodus......One which......even The_Gay_Dude isn't willing to put out there.....for the universe to see.

Love,

Marc

Unrelated

Food for Thought:

1. Write letters to all your loved ones....telling them how much they mean to you.....Address the envelopes.....Make someone responsible for mailing them......and then stash them away somewhere.....to be sent out in the event of your unexpected death......Just don't put stamps on them....cuz we all know the post office likes to increase rates.....every 6 months or so!
2. Take your furry friends to visit sick people in the hospital.
3. Volunteer for a cause or donate money to a charity.
4. Make it a habit to tell people you love them or care about them.....when ending a visit or phone conversation. It's sappy.....but you could die before you see them again......Life's all about valuing and cherishing those who impact us everyday.....Don't take one second for granted.
5. For my blogbuds.....who are in the closet......I hope you find the courage to walk out that door.
6. For my blog buds with substance abuse issues......Please take care of yourself.
7. For the ill bloggers......Don't underestimate......the power of writing.
8. I encourage everyone to make joy logs.....We all have things to be thankful for.....even when it feels like things are grim.
9. For all of those who are sad......that they never met me.....we'll meet on......some bright.....sun-shiney day.....in the far off future.....(Just flutter your wings around and ask the peeps where ya can find The_Gay_Dude, LOL).
10. Smile......even when you don't feel like it.....It does your soul some good.....and it 'lifts' those around you.

4 Comments:

At 10:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ian...that is a very intense post. I've read quite a few posts in my short time reading blogs. It certainly made an impression on me.

 
At 5:42 AM , Blogger TheDreamer said...

I found it referenced on Best Gay Blogs. It's strange, but having never even read his blog (now shut down) or known anything about him, I found myself quite emotionally affected by what he had written. I think his advice is incredibly touching and appropriate. Next time I speak to my parents and my friends, I am going to make sure I tell them I love them.

 
At 9:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi people
I do not know what to give for Christmas of the to friends, advise something ....

 
At 4:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. Good day
Who listens to what music?
I Love songs Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home