Friday, June 23, 2006

Soccer v Rugby

It's world cup fever right now and it's just simply crazy out there. People are watching the games live at ungodly hours - half of the world doesn't live in Europe and coming to work just to fall asleep at their desk. I guess from an employer's perspective, this only happens every 4 years and they might as well write off those unproductive hours during this month.

At drinks today we were debating whether soccer is a better game to watch or rugby? Being a non sporty person and non soccer fan (I only watch the game every 4 years...not to ogoole at the players but to actually watch the game itself), I can safely put my hand to my heart that rugby is a better game to watch. It has finesse, strict execution of strategy and when there is a touch down - that moment is perfect!! And in rugby, one has to be really fit, quick and agile! you would need to have more than kicking skills - you need to be able to throw the ball, catch it and pass it on, move in and out of the other guys and in most cases they are usually physical! On the other hand, soccer...hmmm..I rather not comment or else I will be incarcerated! That's probably why I watch it only once every 4 years.... just to keep up appearance for the straight team! Yes-i'm still in denial!

But would I watch the finals at 3 am in the morning in Tokyo ?...probably not (in fact no way - it's school night!) and my colleague was a bit taken back with my remark. That sure sounded like peer pressure... Ithought of defending my decision but then again, I decided that I don't have to explain myself. Like I could not understand why one would need to watch the game at 3 am watching a bunch of guys kicking one ball. Give me rugby any time and I will consider.

And my favourite rugby person - Daniel Carter, AllBlacks from New Zealand

And lastly for soccer - hmmm...at the moment it is still Michael Owens.

4 Comments:

At 12:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I take option number 3. Australian Football League. Because they wear a sleeveless shirt. So more revealing. More erotic than Rugby:-)

Considering 60% of Japanese citizens watched the soccer game, I am not surprised. Since I don't own a TV, I don't watch it.

 
At 7:03 PM , Blogger Rick Bettencourt said...

Soccer and rugby isn't as big in the states as it is elsewhere. Although, my company has had the games on in the cafeteria. It's funny...mainly just the Europeans are the ones watching. Here we like our good old fashion American football, baseball and basketball.

 
At 5:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

cumshot facials fabulous idea ... we would learn ... great. You normally happy about us with the best phrases thanks, take! super original You read this and think .... A salary of between 5% per day Really? amazing. Blog is excellent, plenty to like! Thank you, useful thing. Well without untoward happens - even a schoolboy on holiday give job. - Charles Lamb

 
At 4:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

free adult fims Oh, thank you. Content is interesting, learned a lot. I recommend everyone to read. Here you decided to help a bit, and sent this post to social bookmark. I really hope your ranking will increase. read with pleasure Thank you very much! I took a too-handy. Accidentally saw. Not expect. Blog just super, I will recommend to friends! Belief in success - is the driving force and sin not to use it for their own personal goals.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home