Thursday, March 30, 2006

The Subconscious Mind

I was given this book The Power of Your Subconscious Mind by Dr Joseph Murphy by a very good friend of mine. I have known her for the last 10 years and she has always kept an eye on me and as one of her parting gift, she gave me this book to read. Only if I had read it 2 months earlier, my life could have been enhanced! My confidence boosted and maybe I could be in a relationship right now.

Anyway, I just completed reading chapter 1 and there was a sypnosis of a 75 year old widow who got hitched by conveying messages to the subconscious mind by repitition, faith and expectancy. She repeated frequently "I am wanted, I am loved, I am happily married to a kind, loving and spiritual-minded man. I am secure and fullfilled" and in two weeks met her partner!

Yesterday I began this experiment and I've repeated the following statements:
- I am a confident person.
- I am secured and fullfilled.
- I am a kind hearted person and deserved to be love
- I am happily "partnered" to a kind, loving and spiritual minded person...
- I have a six pack abs. :-)

Today is day 2. Now - I got stuck when it came to statement 4 above. Should I replaced it with a woman? or a man? or a partner? After some deliberation, I decided to stick with something neutral! To keep my options open :-)

Jezz it's cold here today. Spring somehow disappeared tonight - hope the Cherry Blossom Tress will survive the cold and wind.

Ian - signing out. Bed time!

6 Comments:

At 10:34 AM , Blogger savante said...

Ooh. Six pack abs!?

Paul

 
At 6:38 PM , Blogger Rick Bettencourt said...

Ian that is what of my all time favorite books! Very inspirational...changed my life. It's a bit hokey in places but don't let that get you down.

Also read Dr. Wayne Dyer's "You'll See It When You Believe it"...profound!

 
At 1:15 AM , Blogger Maximus Leo said...

Yes Paul - 6 pack abs, I figure out that if I don't get this sorted this year, I'll never get them. Age is catching up! :-)

Rick - yes...that's going to be a challenge considering I hardly get much time to read nowadays... Cheers

 
At 11:41 AM , Blogger Wild Reeds said...

Hi Maximus!
Apparently the powers of Autosuggestion are strongest when one wakes up in the morning.
Good luck!

 
At 8:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

good post

 
At 12:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, pretty nice blog you have here. Do you know anything about

blog templates? I just can't seem to get it to work.


Thanks Pat
healthy body fat

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home