Friday, March 24, 2006

The Past?

Ever thought what you did in your past life?

That's the question I had in my mind when I visited the Edo Museum last weekend in Tokyo. What would I have been if I was born 100 years ago? would I be a farmer, a black smith, a teacher, a politician, a merchant, a potter or a foot soldier.

Would I have been satisifed with my life?

Would I been staight or gay?

Would I have survived WW I and II?

Would I have fitted well into society?

I think in those days, life was a lot more simpler! Limited choices, very unlikely to travel far and easily satisfied about life. Maybe as human beings we have lost the plot - ie to live the simple life!

3 Comments:

At 10:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

on the other hand, they didnt' have the internet. They didn't have a lot of things. Yeah, it was simple back then but I am pretty much happy that I "accidentaly" exist here today. :-)

Have a great weekend!

 
At 10:01 PM , Blogger Rick Bettencourt said...

KISS - Keep it simple stupid! That's the motto I try to live by. Speaking of kiss, I wouldn't mind one with the guy in that pic!
Bandit Talks

 
At 12:00 AM , Blogger Maximus Leo said...

Shigeki - i agree I wouldn't be able to live without the internet right now. This is the only place to vent my frustrations without being known or getting hurt. On the other hand, I could not live without my gym as well. You have a good weekend in the USA.

Rick - totally agree with you - KISS and who wouldn't want to kiss this guy in the pic! I would kill to get there first :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home