Sunday, March 18, 2007

Friends

Love them or hate them! I don't know.....

A text conversation happened between me and a friend of mine - let's call her LC....

Beep Beep Beep....

LC: You have time for dinner this evening? I want to introduce my girlfriend to you.
ML: Hmmm...... mom is in town and I can't make it tonight. Maybe some other time?
LC: Ok, are you still interested to meet my friend? If not I wll tell her. She is a very nice person. Not a party or drinking type. Good person to be friend with...

(thinking - how am I suppose to say whether I want to meet this friend of hers or not? I want to meet a guy not a lady!!) Anyway, I text her the following message...

ML: Sorry - I am very busy lately. As I mentioned to you earlier, I will be busy in March and early April. I can only meet up with you sometime in April. Is that alright with you?

LC: Heh - I need a simple answer. Yes or No?

(took me at least a good half an hour before I replied)

ML: Hey LC - that is a very difficult question. I don't know how to answer this question. Please don't put me in a spot.

LC: Ok! I get it. I will take this as a No and will tell my friend. It is okay. You don't have to do things that you don't like to do. By the way I have deleted your cell phone no. I won't disturb you anymore. Take care.

(by then I was furious! I knew she will do that but I thought I play it cool because I never say no to meeting up with new people but the way LC has managed this is pathetic....I hate to be push into a corner and that is what she just did. A meeting like that should be made just casually so that there is no pressure or stress to talk to new people)

ML: That is a very childish thing to do - deleting one's number. I knew you will react like this. That is why I msg you earlier to gauge your reaction. Voila.... you reacted the way I anticipated. Over to you, I won't be deleting your number because I am not childish. However you are.....

LC: I really wanted to introduce to you my girl friend and she is a very nice lady. If you want, just tell me Yes or No. That is simple. If you think I am childish, that is okay. Is not neccessary to explain to you anymore.

So was I wrong to drag the conversation? Should I come out clean to her and say I actually want to meet men instead. Granted - that I am not that close to her to trust her with me coming out to her, I think I played this quite close to my heart. Alas, she could not understand why I wasn't interested at all. Actually I don't mind meeting with her and a new friend but would appreciate it to be more casual meeting as oppose to a structured one. It would be really akward and I have been in this situation and I hated it with Passion!!)

2 Comments:

At 11:16 PM , Blogger Jon said...

That depends on how close you are to her. If you are not, then - may I suggest an answer like - Thanks for trying to hook me up. But it's just not right for me. Now. Thanks anyway.

If she is close to you, then come out. She may have a closet cute gorgeous male friend to introduce to you. Yeah.. that's right. Maybe she has.

Unlike my pathetic straight female friends here whom I had come out to. They have zero gay friends. Or ugly ones. Hmmm... ;p

 
At 11:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

females generally like gays better, i think. maybe it is just that your femail friends have ugly gay friends, jon.

by the way, i would like to keep in touch with you, and if you do not mind, read your blog. i think it is a wonderful blog that you have. email me - thomas.kembren@gmail.com

sorry max, for using your blog to communicate. love your blog too! maybe i should start one myself.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home