Saturday, March 03, 2007

Something about late night conversations....

At drinks tonight, we were talking about relationships, commitments and our ideal partners. The questions went around the table and I was up next. All I could say that I am really picky and she must be pretty, smart and confident and next I blurted out that I can't stand women who nags, whine and show tantrum! And to top it up, I was a commitment phobia guy who could not last in a relationship longer than two months. I fear the next question and it popped up anyway.....

So Max can you please tell me something... let's be honest here. Are you straight??? Max - you know you can be honest with us! We have no issues if you're not straight!!

Me - My mind was spinning and was not sure how I was going to answer this question! There was cold sweat but managed to act pretty calmly and so all I could say that I was straight!!

Friend - Be honest!! We are trully okay if you are not so straight!

Me - Sure I know, but I am straight ...BUT I just can't commit to anything and am happy being single for the time being.....

Our conversation went on for a while but managed to staff off this topic for the whole night! Phew..... But one day I owe them an answer.

It used to be that on Friday nights at around 1 am in the morning, it is not difficult too hail for a cab. Today it has been a nightmare and there were horders of late night owls waiting for or calling for cabs. Bugger! I missed those days when you walked out of a pub late at night and there is cab waiting for you!!

4 Comments:

At 9:16 PM , Blogger Jon said...

Sometimes we fail to see that it is not about straights who will not accept gays. But it is about gays who cannot accept straights. Or gays who cannot accept themselves.

My 2 cents.

Please don't be angry with me.

 
At 9:20 PM , Blogger Rick Bettencourt said...

You had a perfect opportunity! They sound very willing to accept you for who you are.

 
At 9:40 PM , Blogger Wild Reeds said...

Cute post. How are you Maximus? Visiting your blog after a long time. I am currently in France. Hope all is well. Warm greetings coming your way.

 
At 1:24 AM , Blogger Maximus Leo said...

Jon - Thanks for your 2 cent's worth! You are right. I have yet to accept myself for being gay but trust me it is a journey that I have just started and will soon have to own up to my own sexuality! And I am not angry with you!

Rick - Ha Ha Ha - perfect opportunity? I just knew them a month ago...not comfortable to reveal myself yet. Maybe one of these days.....

Wild Reeds - Happy Travelling! Met any cute French Boys yet? :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home