Thursday, July 06, 2006

Dreams

Well - just another day at work. My stress level hit another high today - it's seems that I'm breaking new records of stress levels as we are approaching our deadlines! Again..I'm a sucker for long hours at work. What will this do me in the long run? Nothing really.... I will continue to work and work until the day I stop breathing!

Had my Japanese lessons today and gosh - it's difficult to pick up a new language when you're 30 something years old! Brain cells eventually degenerate and I'm feeling the old age. I can't even remember half of my lessons today. Anyway, today's conversation was about what I do outside work...it goes like this...

Teacher: Ian san, do you ski?
Me: Hmmmm..... no, because I didn't have the money whilst I was at University and could not afford to pick up an expensive sport.
Teacher: Do you skate board?
Me: No
Teacher: Do you golf?
Me: No
Teacher: Do you sail?
Me: No
Teacher: Hmm.....What do you like to do then?
Me: Run and gym
Me: Boring eh??
Teacher: Smiles.....

and after this conversation, I realised that I'm a confirmed workaholic, a geek and a loner!! Of course - what do I do after this? I went back to work!!!

Eventually I had to come back home......

In my usual blog readings, Shigeki posted something that I seem to have been missing lately - opportunities to chase one dream and following one's heart/passion. Now, that's something to think about over the next few days.

3 Comments:

At 12:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can totally relate to what you are saying. I mean when I was a workaholic (I am not a workaholic considering I can come back home before 2a.m. :-), I could not carrry a lot of topics when I had to talk with friends because all I did was work.

Um.... that wasn't my passion really. I just realized I could go for it and I tried. :-) But true, thinking too much is not better than following your hear every once in a while. You have a fantabulous day. don't think too much.

 
At 4:46 AM , Blogger aiskrem_potong said...

get 'scandalous' with someone!!! it's fun!!!

(NOTE: evil advice - to be disregarded. well, maybe not totally...hehehe)

 
At 1:13 AM , Blogger Maximus Leo said...

Shigeki - hahahaha, at least I don't sound like a fool. It seems that you're one of us as well...the recovering workholics!! Anyway.....thanks, you've helped me certain things into perspective. You take care.....

Aiskerim Potong - Because I'm a goody two shoes...it's unlikely that I will act 'scandolous'! I'm just too straight and honest. You have a good weekend.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home