Friday, June 30, 2006

Hot Friday night

It's been really hot in Tokyo for the last couple of days. Walking out of the office is now a challenge because of the heat. I perspire like there is no end to my body liquid fluids! The office temperature is not ideal. A wee bit cooler but not cool enough for me to feel comfortable!

Usually I'm out on a Friday - painting the town red or chucking technicolor food parts into the sink! I must say I have been pretty sober for the last couple of weeks. Sounds like a recovering alchoholic I must say! Anyway, I was invited to some drinks with my colleagues but turn them down and worked till about 8 pm before deciding to venture into Shibuya on a Friday night! Nothing too exciting - just the usual walk through the busiest part of Tokyo - wanting to soak up the creative and chaotic energy of one of the most vibrant cities on planet Earth.

Before I got to Shibuya-I had to jump into the subway to get my miserable ass into this part of town. Tell you what, some of the subway stations here are lacking the basic necessity of the 21st century - air conditions. It was so freaking hot in the subway that you know if somehow the trains stop due to a faulty wire or god forbid earthquake-there would be mayhem down here - not because of the events described here but because of the heat. Even the trains are not at an ideal temperature. Man I hate to be in the station when it's peak hours. Imagine the body odour! Yucks!

However, kudos for those millions of Tokyoites who brave the summer weather and yet continue to dress so immaculately in thier outfits. Ladies in their summer flowery clothes, high heels and two piece suits and the guys - hmm...still in their suits! They should try to show more flesh - I mean the good looking ones please! ~~~

2 Comments:

At 11:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, it's not really summer here yet. :-) But you should be thankful this summer is not going to be as brutal as it was last year. I mean it was FUDGING hot last year. So there are some things you should be hopeful for. :-)

You should be also thankful that when I commuted to high school by subway which was like 12 years ago, Marunouchi-line I took didn't have a/c installed on train. So it was brutal. Now, every train is air conditioned. See, it's not that bad, is it? Happy weekend!

 
At 9:02 PM , Blogger Maximus Leo said...

Shigeki san - you have humbled me! On this note, I would not make so much fuss about the heat in Tokyo. On this topic, I'm coping....JUST. You have a good weekend too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home