Sunday, March 05, 2006

Just a movie about love......

I finally watched Brokeback Mountain today! It was the only Cinema in Tokyo showing it and it was quite nerve wrecking as I was going to see it on my own. I was hoping that I do not bump into anyone I know in Tokyo (not that I know many people here but who knows!). Anyway I came out alive and my heart is still aching. I was trully blown away by the frankness and sadness of it all.....

What makes the movie so strong is that knowing that many social restrictions are still in existence today even though the gay issues have gone mainstream. There are people out there who still condem these relationships as unholy and unacceptable but if you watch this movie with an open mind, you'll know that this is real as there are a lot of us out there who have been in this situation. Some made the right situation and some didn't and the heartbreak continues.... .

I hope that this film would open up our loves for everyone (straight or gay) and make sure that we honour any kind of love and face it if necessary and hope that we make the right decisions in our lives!

This movie will resonate with me for the rest of today if not, weeks to come....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home