Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Just fate....

Ever believed that if it's yours, no matter what happens, it will be yours? or rather put it from a negative connotation - if it's not yours to be, then it will not be yours....

And this applies to work, career, relationship, and maybe consumer items?

I don't know whether to believe in fate or not but when I'm at a crossroad or when I did not get what I want out of my career aspirations, my mom will usually say with a big sigh! - Son, if it meant to be yours, it will be yours. No matter how hard you try, or want it, if it's not yours, it will not be yours to keep! To tell you the truth, I hated this statement so much that I'll go into a very miserable mood and next thing I know, I have lost all motivation in life.

Having said that, fate has been kind in other ways. Some examples to back this up-

1. Ten years ago when I was started out to work, my first priority was to remain in my home country to work with a reputable company. That failed miserably (ie no matter how hard I tried, I just did not get the jobs that I wanted - even the lousy jobs!). I ended up some where in Asia, got a job within a week with a reputable company without trying that hard. So I worked there for the next 3 years.

2. When I moved back home, again I wanted to work with a reputable company, again fate was not on my side and ended up with a medium size corporation but moved again within 6 months to a new job.

3. The new job was not meant to be because I hated working with the managers. They were lousy bunch of people to work with! I decided that I was going to leave them. I have been with them since then.... Funny how things turn up!

4. Likewise, my current job in Japan was again not my first priority but ended up here and throughly enjoying my stay here.

I seem to be going with the flow driven by the cosmic energy generated by fate! So really not sure what's going to happen next. So I guess I would need to swim with this flow until it hits a rock/barrier!

From a relationship perspective, it has been sucks all the way! So not sure what is fate trying to tell me? Am I to remain single all my life or do I need to embrace myself and slowly tackle the world again in my own way. I'm not sure whether I'm an optimistic or pessismistic here but my emotional stage is so miserable that I'm not sure how I got by over the last couple of years. Only fate will tell and possibly over time....if ever.

Ian signing out!

3 Comments:

At 7:27 PM , Blogger savante said...

Like most Asians, I'm sure, I do believe in fate. Sometimes there are some things in life that you just can't attribute to anything else but fate.

Paul

 
At 9:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

um... Make it happen, dude. Sometimes, you can make it happen if you really really want it. Fate can be defeated. :-)

So, I know you are not from the United States but where?

 
At 11:21 PM , Blogger Maximus Leo said...

Paul - I believe in fate too but then again we need to strick it out on our own. Who knows how we embrace life if we do not seek it? I guess this is a journey that one has to seek isn't?

Shigeki - I would like to make it happen. Only if.... Did I ever represent myself to be from the US? :- ) Yes - you are right, I not from the US but somewhere around Asia Pacific. Happy guessing!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home