Friday, February 24, 2006

Just airline lounges

I was flying to Taipei this evening and had a 2 1/2 hour lay over period before I connected my next flight. Unlike HK or Changi airports, Taipei airport is not as alluring as those two airports. The amount of people travelling via Taiwan is nothing compared to HK and Changi and was worried shit how I was going to occupy my time here... There was no people watching because there are hardly anyone at the transit terminal! Shopping is not great here! No English Book shops here or if there is one, the number of selection of English reading materials are limited to last year all time favourites or outdated magazines!

Not looking forward to a 2 hour wait, I just walked around the airport just minding my own business. Worried how I was going to kill time. Looking out for internet stations so that I can read blogs again but there was none! Then I spoted my favourite airline lounge!

Hehehehe....In no time did I hesitate to flash my priority card and just walked into the lounge. Parked myself at the leather seats, read the newspapers, drank a couple of cans of beer and off course had food to calm the noisy rumbling stomach. Yes - I'm cheap! ....and of course being a loyal frequent flyer, I had the free usage of internet :-)

Ah well, I'm a happy chappy guy today.

4 Comments:

At 1:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's weird that you transit at Taipei... You have never told us where you were headed.

Where's your favorite airport? Mine is either schiphol (because that was my base when I distributed chicken or beef up in the air. ) or PDX (because it's empty but beautiful and convenient and free wi-fi!)

Anyway, I wish you a safe trip! Don't loose your passport. :-)

 
At 2:00 AM , Blogger NeiLDC said...

Hi agin, i was reading your blog and apparently it just came cross to me, it was a nice thing that you make your own blog, try to uplaoad more news over japan and asia etc.. and add some pics as well.. anyway my fav airport was Schipol as well.. in amsterdam, big airport though i was on also a flying blue card at klm... from madrid
ndc

 
At 2:21 PM , Blogger savante said...

You have a priority card? Damn, you big spender! Can I fly with you next time?

paul

 
At 7:41 PM , Blogger Maximus Leo said...

Hi Shigeki san - hahahah it's a secret escapade out of Tokyo for me! Don't really have a favourite airport but any huge ones with a nice airport lounge would do me fine! Back in one piece and passport still with me!

HI Neil - thanks for stopping by! Was in Amsterdam a couple of years ago but not at the airport. Hovewer I have heard lots about the airpoints. Took the bus from London instead!

Paul - Not big spender! Worked like a dog last 2 years and hence managed to acummulate some serious airports!

Boy - totally agree with you! changi and HK are the best around Asia Pacific!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home