Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Just valentined out

Not sure if this word exists but hey it's Valentines' today.

My Valentine Days have been a non event for the last 20 years (or since I found out what it means!). So today is another day where the singles just like to avoid, gives excuse that this is just another corporate mumbo jumbo to make more money out from the loving cheesy couples! So who needs 12 red roses? So who needs boxes of chocolates? So who needs to pay premium prices for an expensive diners? Not me.....for the time being until the ONE that comes into my life.

So until this so called day arrives, I'm relegated to the single statistics! Grumpy "sort" of old guy.....and who has lost out to the bastion of romantiscm and it doesn't help if you're gay and still closeted! What a fucking mess!

Konbanwan!

3 Comments:

At 12:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

On the bright side, it's 15th here in Tokyo. yay.

Just out of curiosity, you didn't get any chocolate from ladies in the office? I was thinking expats were treated nicely by those ladies. :)

Happy Post St. Valentine's Day!

 
At 3:13 PM , Blogger savante said...

Hey, don't be like that! We'll get someone!

paul

 
At 10:27 PM , Blogger Maximus Leo said...

Shigeki - I'm here to change how things are done in the Japan office! So you can imagine the office politics involved and the resistant to changes! So no chocolates for now! :-)

Boy - you know me better than myself! No worries-I'm sure we are (or were) all in the same boat (or rather been there and done that!) :-)

Paul - thanks! I hope so as well BUT when? :-) I'm getting older and not younger :-)

Ian

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home