Sunday, February 05, 2006

Just being the host for the week

Well I have not been blogging for the last couple of days because a friend of mine was in town for work and the she extended her stay here for the rest of the week. Hence I have not been able to share my thoughts! You see, I am an anonymous blogger and none of my closest friend know about my new found activity (except one!). And to my horror, my damn LAN cable is not long enough to extend to my room where I can blog in my own privacy! Ah well, at least it's only a couple of days!

It has been a good week with series of activities playing host to my friend. This is a welcome change from the routine stuff that I have been doing since the begining of the new year. Explored a new part of Tokyo and checked out a local hangout! Another suburb where no "gaijins" will venture if without a recommendation. Tell you what, it took me an hour on the train to get there from Shinjuku and another 45 minutes to arrive home.

The next day we went up north towards to Nikko but before we arrived at our destination, we missed our train stop because the train we were travelling in, split into two parts, the first part (the first two cars) will go all the way to Nikko and the rest - some where north of Tokyo! And you can guess which part of the train we were in! After 10 minutes on the train, we realised we were definitely on the wrong direction and quickly got out at the next station. Only to find out that the next train back is for another half an hour. So we were out there freezing!


But we got back eventually and managed to reach our destination. Nikko is an ancient town with 3 fabulous temples and lovely cheese cakes! (had two pieces on Sat).


It's also one of the coldest spot for me - the temperature went down to -3 C and visiting the shrines in the forest was a challenge!

Would you pay 500 yen to cross this bridge?


We were glad that we got back into the train where it was so much warmer! Got back to Tokyo eventually and decided to check this little eating area in Mita. It's one of the best little eating haunt I have been in - it has some individual characteristics, collection of the 40's and 50's items, very small out fit (probably can fit up to 15 people at any given time!) and certainly very cosy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home