Saturday, January 28, 2006

Just Maximus

I have been wanting to write why I have chosen Maximus Leo as my blog name but have had no discipline to do so. Well, today I simply had to write this down.

When Gladiator was shown in 2000, I went to watch it with an expectation that it was just another Hollywood action pack movie and it was. Nothing fell short of my expectations but the thing that hit me on the day was the morale of the story itself. To movie critics/buffs - it was just a make believe movie but there is a subtle elegance throughout the picture that gives it great style. The main character - Maximus, the "general who became a slave, who became a gladiator, who defied an emperor". It was the intense style and the relentless determination and confidence of Maximus that draw me to this name. I like Maximus - it shows confidence at the highest level. I like it the way Maximus was portrayed - the family man, a general, a trusted confidente to the emperor and lastly the gladiator. You probably won;t get someone who is all rounded person nowadays but it did strike an accord with me while I was feeling lost and confused. The name Maximus just resonate so well in my head that it stuck with me all these years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home