Wednesday, August 29, 2007

On Easy Sex

I have been thinking a lot lately on why gay sex is so easy to come by. I mean I should be liberated with sex being so frequent and easy to obtain but in fact I am not. I am just horrified how easy and simple it is. All you need is the crusing eye, a little nudge and voila - you have got it. No strings attached, just simple physical moment. Better still have your profile on one of the dating sites and wow - the number of hits one gets for easy sex. It is simply mine boggling..

Why do we seek this thrill? Because we are guys and therefore nature takes control of our sexual urges? Do straight guys have this easy - apart from visiting whore house and paying for sex? I asked a friend of mine - one of the volunteers at an hospice centre for HIV/AIDS victim on what does it all mean for easy sex. How as volunteers do we keep the spread of HIV/AIDS down? How do we discourage these behavours? But can we? Question - why do we even engaged in these behaviours?

- Is it because gay guys can't be committed and hence won't commit to a mongamous relationship?
- Is it because gay guys had tramautic childhood and this is one of the avenue to release these tensions?
- Is it because we really have low moral values and principles?
- Is it because we can't find love?
- Or is it about choices?

We had a long chat on this topic and me being new to the gay community still can't quite comprehend this whole easy sex behaviour. He appreciated my moral stand on it and encouraged me to hold true to this principle but gave me advice that over time, my thought process will change, will be influenced and be challenged and the likelihood that this principle may not stand. I will be able to accept it as part of the gay community and it is expected of gay guys to sexually have many encounters in their life time. However one word of advice, use condomes to keep the spread of diseases down (not eliminating it).

So my questions -
- Can one be sexually active (ie have various fuck buddies) and yet be a decent guy? Will their moral principles be questioned?
- Does cruising mean that one can't commit to a long term relationship?
- Can someone change their behavious from the past? and if so - how long will this last?

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:10 AM , Blogger savante said...

Difficult questions... boils down to men and their tendency to promiscuity.

 
At 7:23 PM , Blogger Rick Bettencourt said...

I wouldn't be too concerned with it if I were you. Enjoy your relationship and strive for monogamy. Fooling around is just getting off. What's really lasting and important is the emotional, romantic and passionate connection. You don't get that in a 10 minute fling with someone from an on-line chat room.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home