Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Hiroshima

Before I left Japan I managed to squeeze in a couple of days of tourist activities. I thought I have to visit the most important city in Japan that changed the course of world war 2. To me this was a personal pilgrimage to visit Hiroshima. For all the cruelness in this world, extreme idealogists and mad/crazy power hungry politicians (personally all politicians should be castrated!!), the trip down south of Tokyo was an eye opener. In fact it was a very sombre afternoon visiting the Peace Musuem. Listening and reading the personal stories captured by the people affected by the bomb, I felt so remorse! I nearly cried seeing some of the photos that leveled Hiroshima by a drop of the A bomb and being in the same spot after 60 years was just a humble feeling. For all the problems we face in this world, what the people of Hiroshima had to go through aftermath was just incomprehensible. After 60 years, this city is so PEACEFUL - it is almost surreal!



It doesn't help when the profilering of nuclear weapons are ever increasing in this very small world. Just imagine another country going nuclear in the middle east! It is just a matter of time when something bad does happen. On this note, I made a silent prayer wishing that no insane government/politician will ever use this weapon against human mankind ever.

2 Comments:

At 1:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad you were able to visit there. If possible, I'd love to invite everybody on this planet to Hiroshima....

I hope you were able to enjoy the local specialities in Hiroshima as well!

 
At 1:37 AM , Blogger Maximus Leo said...

Shigeki san - glad to hear that you are still alive as well! :-) Yes - i will agree with you... I would like to invite the Iranian president, Mr Kim and other zealous politicians to see what happens if they play with fire!

What local specialities? Did I missed something here?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home