Sunday, March 12, 2006

Just pissed head!

This weekend was a write off for me. Spend the Friday night with colleagues from work and the plan was to do a couple of drinks at Heartland at Roppongi Hills and then to the Oak Room at the Hyatt! 3 beers in an hour at Heartland and followed with more beers at the Hyatt and a Mohito! I was flying.... We then decided that it was appropriate to get some dinner and by then it was almost 10 pm at night. Boy, was the alcohol flying into my blood stream!

After a quick bite at a local Japanese bar! we were on our way again..... to my dislike! :-) and this time we headed down to McGambos - another Expat tosser's hangout! :-) It was suppose to be one drink for the road. Only one but ended up with a couple more drinks before quiting the bar. That was 1:30 in the morning.

And on Saturday morning. managed to drag myself out of the bed and the plan was to catch up with a lady friend I hooked up whilst I was in Taiwan a couple of weeks ago! By 11:00 am she hasn't called to confirm lunch and I called her. She was still in bed! The poor girl got back home aroud 5 am. Ah well - that goes my lunch date! :-) So ended running and gymming instead to get rid of the excess alcohol and carbo from drinking beers!

Later thtat day I had to go out and buy sushi for my bosses' pot luck do at his place in Roppongi Hills. So it was Groundhog Day again for me or for some of us. Having been the spotlight again at dinner and the lack of girlfriends in my pathetic life.... and my bosses trying to hook me up again with another lady they just met at the Oak Room, I think I need to come clean one of these days. To make it really akward, they knew that I went and watch Brokeback Mountain with some ladies from work. They gave me this look that I was so afraid that they will find out that I'm not so straight afterall..Jeez..my heart beat was beating so fast! I think I managed to deflect the akward moments and moved on. After a couple of beers and red wines, sake and sweddish gulag (hot pot wine) - I was in lala land.... but thank god I was still standing alright! and to my horror the party did not stop at my bosses place, we had to do another one for the road. So this time we headed back to Roppongi (again!) a sense of deja vu no doubt and headed to Geronomo (another expat hangout!) We were only suppose to have one drink and then we were going home - either by subway or we were going to walk back. 4 hours later and a couple of beers, shots and vodka cranburry.... I was so intoxicated and these people did not want to go back home either! So I left at 3:30 am and walked back home! No bad eh for a pissed head like me! It was a challenge to walk in a straight line though but i did manage to get my ass back safely to my apartment at 4 in the morning! Yes and got up around lunch time today feeling like crap. I should stop all this drinking sessions to keep my liver alive!

I'm so Roppongi out - but wait there is another social gathering this Thurday again! Sigh....

3 Comments:

At 11:17 PM , Blogger Rick Bettencourt said...

I agree with Boy. Not to nag but dude you need to take better care of yourself.

Bandit Talks

 
At 8:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ian, there are other fun places in Tokyo where you can have fun in other ways. really. :) though there are less foreigners in those places...

However, I understand that Roppongi could be an relaxing place for you guys without feeling awkward in a foreign country. Have a good week.

 
At 10:09 PM , Blogger Maximus Leo said...

Boy - thanks for keeping me in check but I realised now that I'm reasonably piss fit and can handle my drinks better :-) However, I know the effects of drinking too much alcohol...

Rick - no worries. This weekend I'm focusing to stay dry :-)

Shigeki - Trust me, if I know where to go in Tokyo, I'll be there right now but to be honest I;m so sick of Roppongi now! Hey what do you mean that this could be relaxing place for us without feeling too awkward? I'm pretty adventurous and never feel to akward :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home