Thursday, March 09, 2006

Just 24 hours

I sometimes wish there are more hours in day to manage my daily activities. Unfortunately, man have decided that there is only 24 hours in a day and 1/3 of it should be dedicated to sleep. Studies shows that if one sleeps on average 8 hours a day.... he/she will be living till 80 years old or more.... However, busy bee like me do only 6 hours a day! Not sure how on earth I have survived all these years! No wonder it's showing on my face now...

Anyway, Rick reminded me in his posting today about time and I realised that I have missed my dad's passing on anniversary. It's been 5 years since he departed in February 2001 and looking back...the 5 years have gone really fast. He is still with me - in my heart, in my dreams and around me. I only wish that he could be around today.....So much to tell him, so much to share with him....

Well, the lame excuse i have for this was that I have been really busy at work with visitors from the Corporate/Regional Office (ie the bosses), managing workshops and a bunch of consultants and our local colleagues here as well. Didn't realised that I was so engaged in work until my body just decided i needed a rest. That was last weekend and I had a good break! So - I'm a lousy son for not remembering his father's passing on anniversary.... sigh.. I guess I can hope for some forgiveness if not some understanding here. It shows that I have not given priority to a work/life balance lifestyle!

Spring is definitely in the air now (check out the apple plum tree flowers from the nearby park).... temperatures are averaging around 10 C - a lot warmer now but somehow I missed winter! The crispness in the air. Tell you what, I'm not looking forward to summer. I hate the heat!



2 Comments:

At 1:49 AM , Blogger Rick Bettencourt said...

Leo - don't be so hard on yourself. What matters is that he is in your heart. Do you really think he cares about the date that he spirit moved on? It's trivial...he knows you care. That's what matters.

Glad I could be a reminder. Thanks for reading.

Bandit Talks

 
At 1:20 AM , Blogger Maximus Leo said...

Rick - thanks for the reminder! I have completely forgotten about my father's anniversary and that sucks big time for me (personally anyway)... I wanted to do something special for his memory but it did not happen. Hopefully I should be able to get this sorted out next year!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home