Monday, February 20, 2006

Just Wedding Bells

I just found out that my cousin that I grew up with is getting married in October this year.

Slight problem for me! A very good friend of mine is getting married and it's on the same day as well... That's a dilemma as I'm expected to attend the cousins wedding being the eldest in the family. To top it up, these two weddings are being held in two opposite sites of the continent!

Well the cousin's wedding is going to be painful for me as my bachelorhood will be the talk of the town with curious cousins and aunties asking why I'm still single! ......Hmm.... because I've working really hard at my career over the last couple of years and enjoying the globe trekking lifestyle of a single yuppie guy! So is this too hard to comprehend? Or would it be easier to say - well people I'm gay and I like men! That would shut them up pretty fast wouldn't and it will be complete silence for a while. Peace at last!

But being a nice, likeable guy like me, I would just laugh at their comments and say life is too hectic to even think about settling down now! or I have a huge mortgage and I would like to pay them off before I settle down...Any more excuses?

On second thoughts, being at my friends wedding would be better, No nosey aunties/uncles and cousins to pry into my bachelorhood! Although I'm expected to bring a partner along....any takers? :-)

2 Comments:

At 7:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't have to say you are gay at the cousin's wedding. If you wear something fabulous and a shiny pink tie, you get your statement out without saying it. :-)

But seriously, you have some time to RSVP so you can do deep nice analysis which one it would be. Take your time as much as you need. Think well. Not too much.

 
At 9:25 PM , Blogger Maximus Leo said...

That will do for the time being Boy! Just go crazy with the women and tell them I'm simply a playboy! :-)

Shigeki - planning to wear a satin pink :-) That will go well with my suit :-) The issue is I have already RSVP my friends wedding.... so family or friends?

Cheers, Ian

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home