Sunday, October 01, 2006

A glass of milk.

This week has been pretty good! Have been working the usual long hours but this time the effort I have put in appears to be bearing some fruits! Work wise, I'm progressing on my understanding on the transactions within our new ERP system! It's amazing what you can analyse these transactions. It's a whole new world!!

On the personal front, I'm more at ease with my myself now. I guess the stress levels have slowed down a bit and I have some direction/plan on my career. So that's put some context into this dog eat dog world! I'm trying to go out more as well. Enjoying company of others and soaking the nights up.....

Talking about soaking the nights up! My project is coming to an end soon and I'm leaving Japan and I'm doing as much I can in Japan before I leave at the end of the year. I'm going to miss this place terribly! The Japanese food, the people, the culture, the efficient public transportation, the craziness in Shibuya and Shinjukuu and the ever so elegant Ginza and Azajuban! The culture shock on the streets of Harajuku and the ancient city of Kyoto! What a contrast.....and the energy!! This place is pumping with rejunevating energy!

That's why I have also been clearing my stuff - going through my boxes of papers, documents and stuff!! It's somehow good to go though old stuff and clear them out. I say it helps with the soul! It puts me at ease (or maybe not) for the things I have achieved or not. Make some sense of this life. Anyway, I smiled to myself the stuff that I kept so far - bank account statements from 1995!! I even have an old employment contract that I signed in 1998!!! Man only I was famous - these documents would be worth a fortune. Well my wishful thinking for the day!

Its almost 1 am in the morning and I'm still wide awake!! It's going to be a long night! Ah well, I will have to get to bed soon and get some decent sleep! Hopefully a glass of milk will do wonders!

3 Comments:

At 11:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's good that you are feeling better but it's not because you are leaving Japan. :-)

When I don't get sleepy, I don't go to bed. :-)But I guess we've gotta for a better skin tone.

 
At 10:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Habis di Timur, gerak lah ke Barat.. D0ha sentiasa menunggu..

 
At 11:33 PM , Blogger Maximus Leo said...

Shigeki san - I am totally going to miss Japan mate!! Too bad I did not get too meet any cute Japanese guys!! :-)

Anonymous - nice advice! thanks....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home