Tuesday, May 01, 2007

About contracts and mission

I have not been blogging since getting involved in a leadership course for the last 3 weeks. It has been busy busy busy from the day I signed up plus travelling to Jakarta and Manila last week for work. Hence the very very quite me but if you have been reading my blog I have also changed the description box (on the right hand corner). Let's talk about this course first.

The entire course (can't mention the name here) has created awareness, appreciation, compelling desire to move on and to succeed in what ever I chose to do - be it relationships, career or investment. I'm also more aware of my relationship with time and that means that there is no time for hesitation and procrastination. It is all about creating value and generating positive outcomes in every possible opportunity. Sounds crazy and brain washed eh? But it all makes sense....

Anyway coming back to what I am now more aware off myself. The little box use to read - Closeted Case and Confused and trying to find my purpose in life. Now it reads - "I am an honest and brave gay man and am living the life that I so desire. Simple yet complex. Ambitious yet contented. Competitive in nature yet easy going. My life is a mosaic of my environment. This is ME, this is my life journey" This is my personal contract and my mission to live my life to the fullest (if I don't get dragged down with the emotional ups and downs)

Whether I am certain about this journey now - there will be certainly ups and downs. rejections/hurt and out right pain. I see this is what I am lacking - lacking the emotions to let myself feel hurt and feel like a human again. For so long I have forgotten to allow myself to feel love and be love. For a long time I have always doubted myself and my capabilities at work or with my personal life. I believe it is time to rectify this and be HUMAN again. And if one never takes risks - there are no rewards - just a very stagnant and uninteresting life.

So who is with me on this journey?

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 1:24 AM , Blogger Jon said...

Well, u do know that we all hv boarded the bus with u, right? We all r in this together.

 
At 5:56 PM , Blogger Rick Bettencourt said...

Ian my darling friend...I'm with you 100%!!!!

(And Bandit too...)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home