Sunday, May 28, 2006

The Pursuit for Perfection?

I resolve from today onwards that I would not give a damn about what people think about me and I should continue with what I'm doing or comfortable doing. Afterall, life is short and unpredictable and one can't go one living on other's expectations or else any man and dog will be just the same like others. Now wouldn't this be boring.

I also resolve that I would not let work issues eat me up! There are work and there are things to do after work. Leave work behind and move on. Again on expectations (after a performance agreement round), I will do my best to resolve issues and provide concrete solution but if I fall short, that's not my issue but other events that are beyond my control! :-) I'm no longer taking any shit from anyone!

All these came about after spending JPY1,300 to view Rodin's exhibit at the Tokyo Museum of Modern Art. His scuplture - the Thinker and the Gates of Hell have provided some interesting definitions of what I define live.

5 Comments:

At 11:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rodin did make you think things after all. :-) Work is just work, really. No matter how much we spend, it's just work. :-) Hard working doesn't get us a boy. well... unless you are a prostitute. :-)

I ohpe things in your life will get much more fantabulous!

 
At 9:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish that I could take your attitudein dealing with people. I dread confrontration and not taking shit from anyone would only lead to confrontation. Bravo on this new decision.

 
At 4:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh. Now that you are finally AWAKE, that's something to celebrate. Ok, who's buying the beers?

Although I am all for giving back every penny that we are paid for at work, I definitely agree that work should be left where they belong - in the office!!

And, taking shit from anyone? Mmm...you can? I can't. Unless I depend on him for my daily bread (or rice, if you wish!). Otherwise, don't take shit from no one, dude.

Wah...u'r finally getting easier to explain things to. :P

 
At 11:16 PM , Blogger Maximus Leo said...

Shigeki - I take every opportunity to seek answers to my questions in live. Certain events seem to help me clarify issues but then again after a while I get back into my old habits. NOW that sucks! :-) Anyway, the Rodin exhibition did help...skoshi desu!

Charles - fingers crossed!!! I started work today feeling like Sunday and there were shit to deal with today. Just hoped I did not step on anyones shoes!! :-) But then again, do I f^&king care ;-) ????

Boy - I wouldn't say AWAKE! How shall I put it...hmm...just more aware! (my caveat if I fall back to my old ways! :-)) Buy the beers? Just come over to Tokyo to visit and I'll shout you Yebisu Beer (recommended by the fantabulous Shigeki san...and have stuck with the beer since then!)

 
At 1:49 AM , Blogger Wild Reeds said...

Hey, Le penseur, and Les portes d'enfer are my faves!! I visited Musée Rodin in Paris and was really blown away. In fact coincidentally I have made le penseur my profile picture at the moment.
"Je pense, donc je suis." [I think, therefore I am]

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home